While Our Structures Vary, Our Boltholes Do Not
Behind every structure from Valmont Utility is the promise of engineering accuracy and structural integrity. To us, that means no detail is too small to be overlooked, including something as seemingly small as the holes created to help the components function and to facilitate final construction.
At Valmont Utility, we plasma cut our holes during the manufacturing process. It may seem like a small thing, but there’s the big difference it makes when compared to drilling or saw cutting:
- Produces quality boltholes approved for structural joints
- More flexibility in hole diameter size – from two inches to 24 inches
- No taper in boltholes
- Cuts any shape to exact specified dimensions
- Eliminates human error
- Simplifies substation construction
- Ensures better structural integrity
Want to learn more about substation steel structures from Valmont Utility? Download substation steel literature, see our steel pole manufacturing process, explore our FAQ or contact us today.